I am a second-year Computer Science Ph.D. student at the University of Colorado Boulder, specializing in computer vision. My research interests include image segmentation and computational photography. I am grateful to be supported by the National Science Foundation through a GRFP Fellowship, and I am advised by Dr. Danna Gurari.
In the past, I have had the opportunity to intern at Adobe Research, where I worked on interactive segmentation under Dr. Brian Price and Dr. Yifei Fan, as well as at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), where I focused on natural/spoken language processing under Dr. Karl Pazdernik and VR/AR applications. My undergraduate studies at Western Washington University (WWU) included Computer Vision with Dr. Scott Wehrwein and Bioinformatics with Dr. Filip Jagodzinski. While at WWU I worked as a web developer to make websites more accessible.
In my free time I love photography, knitting, trail running, skiing, biking, cooking, and just generally being outside!
I am involved with the ITLP at CU Boulder where I help design educational materials using micro:bits to engage elementary and middle school students in computing! Stayed tuned for our series of activities!
Grad Application Help
Grad application season is tough and I would be happy to chat with anyone thinking of applying to Ph.D. programs! I can help review materials, share my own materials, or just answer general grad school questions. As a first generation college student I know there are a lot of unspoken rules out there and I would be happy to help anyone navigate them! While it is not perfect, CU Boulder does offer an admission fee waiver for those who are elligible.
The GRFP has afforded me many opportunities so far so I encourage anyone who is elligible to apply! I am happy to chat about the application process and have made my research statement available on this website. I am also happy to share my reviews and personal statement upon request.
- 1/13/2023: I’ll be joining the Allen Institute for AI on the PRIOR team with Favyen Bastani this summer! Excited to be back in Seattle!
- 11/30/2022: Finished up a great semester of outreach with the ITLP! Keep an eye out for our series of micro:bit activities.
- 10/11/2022: Work done with folks at WWU, “Computer Vision for International Border Legibility” to appear at WACV 2023!
- 3/01/2022: I’ll be joining Adobe Research this summer to work on computational photography problems with Brian Price!
- 2/24/2022: Gave a talk at The Teen Science Cafe about my research, my path to becoming a graduate student, and accessibility!